Were you aware that you can use Google Slides to view the work happening in real time? Here is how it works.
First Create Your Slide Show
- Create a slide show in Google Slides
- When creating your Google Classroom assignment select "Everyone can Edit" i so that all students will be editing the same document.
- Assign each student a single slide or a group slide in the slide show.
To make it easier for everyone, you might design the slides to each have a different color and then assign the students to say the green slide or the blue slide.
- Open the slide on your screen and have the students all go to their assigned slide.
- Select View Grid to monitor all slides at one time.
- Monitor the change in the slides. If you notice that most slides are being rapidly updated but one slide is not, then you can check in and assist the students whose slide is not getting updated.